Jun 29, 2011

Rainbow Land

I sometimes refer to our house as "Rainbow Land" because well, it resembles a rainbow. As mentioned here and here, I love me some colour. I am quite fortunate that my husband had given me the creative authority to decorate every room in the house except "Man Land" (where I still tried to force my opinions). The main level is the most colourful space in the house and where it's an open concept, colour literally smacks you in the face everywhere you look. I have thought about going for more traditional decorating styles, like neutrals, etc. but I am just naturally drawn to colour and that's what I always seem to come home with. And you know what? I love it. It's inviting, cozy and constantly makes us happy - isn't that what a home should be?

:: candle lanterns on the windowsill ::

:: assorted Vintage Pink Treasures jewels ::

:: Mexican serape pillows made by me ::

:: pretty tea light candle holders ::

:: eclectic coasters ::

:: collage mirror made by me ::

:: Mexican worry dolls ::

:: book shelf organized by colour ::

:: one of many Warhol prints ::

:: life mantra painted by me ::

:: hand-painted ceramic wall art from Mexico ::

:: pencil crayons in my studio for sketching ::

:: rainbow dining set painted by me ::

:: part of my personal necklace collection ::

:: colourful vacation pictures taken by me ::

:: one of several Mexican serapes ::

:: simple painting by me ::

:: initial pillows ::

:: wedding photo with colourful guest signatures ::

all photos by me

No comments:

Post a Comment