Jun 3, 2011

Edamame & Asparagus Salad

I first came across this recipe by British it-girl (and ridiculously talented) Sophie Dahl in the May 2010 issue of Glamour. As soon as I saw the mouthwatering photo and the very brief instructions, I knew I had to make it.
The recipe is so easy, filling and delicious that since my inaugural attempt, it has become a staple in my cooking repertoire.
I've made it as a side dish for several dinners and potlucks and even received 3 requests in one day for the recipe.


Edamame & Asparagus Salad

:: Boil 1 cup of asparagus tips in salted water for 2-3 minutes.
:: Drain and rinse under cold water.
:: Cook 1 cup of shelled frozen edamame according to package directions.
:: Combine asparagus and edamame in a small salad bowl and add a small handful of fresh chopped mint.
:: Pour on 3 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper (I prefer coarse sea salt & fresh ground pepper).
:: Add 1/2 cup of shaved Parmesan or pecorino cheese.
:: Enjoy with a glass of pinot noir if you're feeling crazy.






This lettuce-free salad is also delicious hot or cold - enjoy!


all food photos by me
cookbook image via chapters.indigo

No comments:

Post a Comment