Dec 5, 2011

Winter Wonderland


Although the Winter Solstice isn't until December 22nd and we've only been teased with a shot of snow thus far, I can feel my annual hibernation-mode slowly starting to sink in. I'll be honest: I hate cold temperatures and darkness. Along with the shorter days and chilly temperatures comes the desire to curl up in sweats and eat comfort food. Although considered socially acceptable on an intermittent basis, surrendering to these indulgences on the regular kind of takes the warm-and-fuzzy charm out of them.

In a headstrong attempt to overpower my winter blues I've created a winter to-do list (similar to my summer listin an effort to become one with the season instead of fighting against the forces of nature. 

How do you beat the winter blues?


:: decorate cookies - how pretty are these? ::

:: rent a cabin and curl up with a fire + wine ::

:: more game nights ::

:: craft up some Christmas decor ::

:: expand on my baking skills ::

:: drive around & view Christmas lights ::

:: explore new cheese varieties ::

:: break out my snowboard gear & get a lesson ::

:: Christmas movie marathon ::

:: take a skating trip to the oval ::

:: get my arts & crafts on ::

:: potluck with my besties ::
  
:: read, read, read ::

:: build a gingerbread house ::

:: create a funny snowman or fashionable snowoman ::

:: create a (spiked) hot chocolate bar mmm ::

all images via we heart it

No comments:

Post a Comment