Jul 11, 2011

The Denim Jacket

This summer I have endeavoured to find the majority of my outfit inspirations in my already overflowing closet in lieu of purchasing new and redundant pieces. When I do decide to purchase a new item of clothing I've been aiming for pieces that are versatile and can adapt through a multitude of outfits, rather than statement one-time-wear kind of things.

Enter: the denim jacket.

My light-denim jacket is definitely one of the most versatile pieces I've ever purchased. Since bringing it into my closet-family a little over a month ago, it has been an instant wardrobe staple. It emanates an understated-coolness and I have been pairing it with everything. It's a timeless piece that seems to return year after year and can transition through the various Canadian seasons. And, if you decide to wear denim-on-denim you are rocking Canada's official uniform the "Canadian Tuxedo" - just make sure you're pairing various shades of denim, otherwise you may be fashion-exiled.

Here are just a few ways to sport the denim jacket during the summer months (reserved for evening-wear during hot and sunny days):

Do Denim

From left to right:
:: With a citrus-hued maxi dress
:: With a crochet tank and dark-denim skinny jeans
:: With a simple tank and vibrant skirt
:: With a flowing tunic and casual leggings
:: With a feminine mini dress

How do you do your denim?

set created by me

No comments:

Post a Comment