Sep 9, 2011

Fall Fashion

Although the autumnal equinox is still two weeks away, signs of Fall have been slowly presenting themselves in the form of crisp morning air and changing of the leaves (it's true! I spotted some red leaves the other day). Although I'm sad that my afternoon breaks will no longer be spent catching rays on my back deck, I am welcoming Fall with arms wide open for one primary reason - I LOVE fall fashion! It's that transitional phase when it's too cold for a blouse to be worn alone but not cold enough for a large coat, so my perfect uniform entails skinny jeans or leggings tucked into riding boots and paired with a chunky sweater and statement scarf. Now, if you've been following my blog you know that I love the bright colours of Summer, but on the other hand there is something so inviting about earth-tone neutrals in cozy textures. As the days become shorter and the temperatures continue to drop, I've compiled a wish-list of items along with ways in which I would wear them in order to ease the impending seasonally induced depression:
  
Fall Shopping List
 
:: Maxi dress under a jean jacket & scarf.
:: Red blazer to top off off jeans & ankle boots.
:: Fringe jacket which makes anything instantly chic.
:: Leather pants paired with an ethereal blouse or sweater.
:: Wool wide-brimmed hat for those breezy days.
:: Leopard scarf (or leopard anything) acts as a neutral in itself.
:: Sequin mini-skirt over tights with a chunky sweater & boots.
:: Cape which makes even leggings look polished.
:: Wedge ankle boots - equal parts comfortable & cool.
:: Bright red nails to compliment neutral-hued outfits.
:: Over-sized cat-eye sunglasses to be worn with everything.
:: Chunky cable-knit sweater which is the perfect layering piece.

How do you ease your cold-weather blues?
 
:: Maxi dress : Top Shop
:: Red blazer : Dorothy Perkins
:: Fringe jacket : Haute Hippie
:: Leather pants : D&G
:: Wool hat : Reiss
:: Sequin skirt : Catherine Malandrino
:: Leopard scarf : Top Shop
:: Cape : Minette
:: Wedge ankle boots : Dolce Vita
:: Cat-eye sunglasses : Religion
:: Nail polish : Essie
:: Cable-knit sweater : Pringle of Scotland
 
fashion set created by me

No comments:

Post a Comment